I thought a great way to start out 2011 is to create a contest. That seems to be a popular thing to do on blogs. I am too much of a procrastinator to mail stuff to anyone so what should I do for a contest? Well, I have some vacation time I will need to use later this year. I also have friends that live in some interesting places around the world. Ah yes, I have the contest and how to make it possible for several people to all win. I can't promise everything will work out but I am going to make an effort to follow through if at all possible.
Here is the contest.
Leave me a comment telling me about something close to where you live that I should travel to and visit followed by me writing about the experience. This is a really open contest because if I chose to go where you suggest, you have the option of going along, meeting me for coffee, or just telling me how to find it and not meet at all if that is more comfortable. I am after the experience of seeing things I would likely never know about otherwise. So, you ask what kind of information does he need to select the winners? First I need a little information about the place of thing I should see. Second I would like for you to decide which way I write about it, as the malcontent, as the lonely traveler, or as something experienced with friends. Of course the amount of winners will be determined by how I can schedule the trips and how many I can afford. I am willing to attempt a few hops around Europe if there are some good suggestions.
Why is he willing to spend money to go somewhere like this? Being a world class procrastinator I have a really difficult time trying to decide on where I should vacation. If someone can peak my interest in going to see something the I am willing to consider it. There are a few places that are automatically on the list as far as cities but I am open to specific things with in the city that you might feel worthy of some commentary. My goal is to visit 10 different place that someone else suggested in the year 2011. I actually got this idea when talking to someone about Flat Stanley and a trip this friend was taking him on for someone else. Well I'm far from flat, but I would like to see things I have never see, take pictures and document the experience.
Now, I'm sure that this is a new experience to have someone volunteer for you to tell them where to go but I'm going to make a best effort to accomplish as much as possible. Everyone have a little fun here and let's see what we can come up with. I also welcome my blogger friends to engage in a similar project, even if you just post where you plan to go and have people tell you what to see when you are there. Let's make it a smaller world. I am really looking forward to seeing new things and hopefully letting the malcontent see a few things around the world. Comment away and I will try to keep this updated fairly often.
What a wonderful idea! I can't wait to read all about your adventures on the road. Should be very interesting.
ReplyDelete