My most sincere apologies for my extended delinquency in posting more content. I have been completely engrossed in research on the topic of procrastination, dilly dallying, and other methods of avoiding what one should be doing. I suppose in actuality I have been distracting myself to avoid most of the holiday goings on which I typically find as annoying as the cold weather that comes around the same time. Now we are just a few hours shy of beginning another year which brings me to the focus of my dread. Designated beginnings and endings are something I'm not exactly fond of because from my perspective it's just a continuation
A quick note from the malcontent:
Happy New Years and what is your resolution for the new year? That is an awful lot of pressure to put on someone. I mean, what if I am still working on the one from 3 years ago or something. Perhaps I have a much larger scope resolution that requires an entire lifetime to complete. Maybe I haven't thought of anything at all because I have been so busy dodging deadlines of various kinds that I forgot to study for this little examination. Let's just stick with the general pleasantries and not cause anyone to have to think about anything as astronomical as "What are you going to change over the next year?". While we are at it, is it really a requirement for it to be happy? I have many friends who seem to prefer to spend their time wallowing in their on misery and self-loathing. Being the self-proclaimed malcontent, I will settle for "Have an not angry New Year".
Back to the regularly scheduled dribble:
Seriously, I have had a wonderful 2010. I have had some major improvements in my health which in itself is enough to have made it a fabulous year. I have also taken up these little excursions into my own thoughts that I have posted here under the guise of writing. I have learned how to be happy again after so much of my life being wasted with hate and bitterness.I was finally after 5 years able to decide on which car I would own next, of course I had to wait for them to make one I liked first. I have made many new friends that will be with me a long time. There were also some less that spectacular moments through the year. The passing of some old friends is always sad. Grief and heartbreak seem to be best dealt with by embracing them rather than resistance so I guess I have learned a lot more about living at the same rate at which life slams into me. Acceptance and forgiveness being 2 things that have a new meaning for me now.
I have no predictions for what 2011 has to bring and really have no desire to speculate on the what ifs that seem to being hovering around. My plan is to focus on being a better me that I was this last year. I have concluded that it is not really an act of conceit to say you are the best, as long as your goal is to be the best you that you can be. I have now chosen to hold all those around me in an esteem equal to that of a hero or movie star in hopes that everyone will make the effort to be a little better and not get discouraged along the way. I definitely plan to allow the inner malcontent to express many things in the coming year since I get a laugh out of it and hope a few others do too. I wish everyone to have the opportunity to be the best they can be for 2011 and thank you for reading my blog.
P.S. Be kind to animals, even human animals but especially the ones we are given the responsibility to watch over. Too many unwanted pets and too many wild animals trying to be kept as pets in this world.
Nice, really great to be reading your writing again. I always enjoy it and have a not angry New Year!! Can't wait to read more in 2011!
ReplyDeleteNice commentary Kelly,,,worth the read..So to you have A not angry New Year...it sounds like you have found the better man within..thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMaryann
Happy New Year Kelly. I'm not one for resolutions usually, but I think I might try a little this year, nothing massive - just the little things. Look forward to reading more in the New Year. Best wishes! Liz
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Liz, thanks for stopping by. I have been delinquent in posting and plan to improve on that.
ReplyDeleteLoved the note from the malcontent! Thanks for the chuckle.
ReplyDeleteGlad you've found things to celebrate in 2010, and wishing you a positive and serene 2011. Good to see you back.
Thanks Lucy, I can't wait to see what kind of pictures and word combinations you do this year. I brag about your stuff to everyone.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that 2010 was a good year for you. I am glad that we could reconnect.
ReplyDelete2011 will be even bigger and better!