Sunday, July 14, 2013

3 Years Ago

3 years ago today I started this blog. I wrote some fun stuff for a while and then my interest began to fade. There have been so many changes in my life that I rarely find time to get back to add anything new. I keep thinking one day I will return to posting more ideas, silly stories and even pictures from some of my adventures. I also think this would be a great place to document my return to being a musician. I have so many things that would be great to post here but I find myself wondering when or even why I would. Blogs are a wonderful place to put your thoughts and ideas or show the results of your creativity. I find it difficult to be fully engaged in life and still have time to make regular entries to a blog. I have seen a lot of my blogging friends try various exercises to keep the blogs moving and creative and it still turns into the doubts that anyone is actually appreciating what you do. Most of my continuous commentary ends up on Facebook so that I get immediate feedback on my jokes and other thoughts. Blogland became so dense with so many people flooding the internet with the contents of their mind that it was becoming impossible for me to keep track of just those who were keeping track of mine.

 We all wish that our blog would achieve the fame of some others, and some of the ones I was tracking were definitely worthy, but as with the music industry the best are sometimes unnoticed. I know my blog has some fun stuff and a brief insight into my creativity yet my blog has never really been something I would care to promote with the intent of becoming famous. I ask myself often if blogging has fallen out of favor with the internet with the exception of those who blatantly self-promote their content in an attempt to be recognized by others. Are they better ways to present ones ideas and concepts to the world so that they have a chance of someone realizing that they have something of value to add? Is the internet becoming and uninteresting place to explore? Is anyone else really interested in what others have to say? Could anyone find the right answers on the internet or is it just the quickest answers that are now being accepted?

If you read this message in a bottle, leave me a sign that you are out there and I will make an effort to continue my blog. In the mean time I will listen to the crickets that hang around the abandoned blog of mine to see what signs of life are still out there.

Kelly

1 comment: