Thursday, October 28, 2010

An Attempt at Something Different

In the eyes of one I have not yet  
met I see the lies of my life 
projecting onto me the struggle 
each must face to find the freedom 
to release.

It is time to fortify the fingers of 
fate and let loose the force held in 
bondage of expectation, restrained 
expression reaching for peace.

Feeling the presence of a billion
souls bound by their own belief,
aching for a breath of air not
fouled, to drink the water of truth.

Found remnants of a dream long 
dispersed, wanting more while 
taking less, enslaved by 
attachment to that which 
cannot be obtained. 



3 comments:

  1. This is good. Love the line 'water of truth' and the last stanza.

    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first two lines are particularly striking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such attempts should be made more often! I like this very much, 'wanting more but taking less' is especially thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete