Today I attended a rally down at the nations Capitol that was put on by our favorite political humorist John Stewart of The Daily Show fame. They did an excellent job of leaving the politics out and focused on reminding everyone that as Americans we work together everyday and solve a lot of problems and this bitter devisiveness that is going on is being fueled by the media of which they are considered part of. They had a great message about how the majority of our country are able to come together and be tolerant of others. It has become a sad day when the media coverage is spent on the extremes rather than the majority. The favorite quote for today was "If we amplify everything, then we can hear nothing." The suggestion they presented was when you feel yourself getting disgusted with what you are seeing on the cable news channels, grab the remote and switch to something else. It is very obvious why John Stewart is the most trusted person to deliver political news even though he makes it out to be comedy. John is the only person that will ask the hard questions and not let anyone get away with anything regardless of which side they come from. It was a great day if you overlook the standing in a crowd for several hours and the bit of sunburn I got, I will add a couple of pictures of the crowd later.
This says it best:
Jon Stewart being Serious
This sounds like a tonic. I really like John Stewart, we can get The Daily Show on one of the digital channels here, and every time I catch some of it I wish I remembered to watch it more often.
ReplyDelete