Friday, July 22, 2011

Weathering the Weather

This has been an unusually hot summer this year which brings about all kinds of wonderful questions about what could be causing the extreme weather. I really enjoy reading and hearing about all kinds of theories and myths about this place we live and what lies ahead. I am, however, rapidly losing my sense of humor about our politicians denying we have some problems that need to be solved and they should stop worrying about which public action committee is going to give them money so they can get elected again. The most annoying part is watching them try to enforce austerity measures while our economy is barely moving. Putting the pinch on the less affluent citizens is not exactly where I would be getting the money to pay the bills. Since we have record profits being made by companies that are creating jobs overseas while so many are out of work here it would only seem logical. Then again, these are the same anti-science politicians that deny our climate is changing, why would I even think they understand math.

No comments:

Post a Comment