For a long time I felt that I had to make the most of the weekends and that is one thing I still abide by. I made the most of the weekend past by catching up on the sleep that I have missed out on for the last several months. Being somewhat famous for being an insomniac, it is such a treat to be able to spend an entire weekend actually getting sleep. What a joy to sleep late and then follow it up with a nap which is celebrated with yet another nap. There are tons of opinions about where or not you can catch up on sleep or not but I really detest these kinds of assumptions. Sleep is sleep and you either can or you can't. For those whose all too often can't it is best to do so when you can. Sleep is about healing and should be done so as needed.
Sleep is such an interesting topic to discuss with people because you can hear all kinds of stories. Some people absolutely must have their X hours a night or they cannot function. There are also those who manage to get by on sometimes very little for days at a time. Some people even wake up more tired than they were when they went to sleep. I am one of those people. I have done sleep studies and bought equipment that is supposed enhance my sleep experience and I still find it to be elusive more than not yet there are times that I can sleep for the better part of a day without a thought. How do you sleep?
No comments:
Post a Comment