Saturday, August 14, 2010

For Friends of Felines

I happened across this bit of information earlier and found it to be interesting that I am not the only person to name a cat Spike. If my Spike lives as long he might out live me by a bit.

From Dr. Jon email (he is a vet that writes a newsletter):
Who was the oldest living cat and how old was he?

According to the Guinness Book of Records, the oldest cat on record was a domestic longhair by the name of Spike. Until 2001 when he passed away at the ripe old age of 31 (that's 140 in human years, but who's counting?), Spike was still happily chasing spiders and enjoying life. Spike lived in Dorset, England with his owner, an aromatherapist named Mo Elkington. (Another British cat was recorded to be 34 years old when it died in 1957, but it was not documented by Guinness.)

1 comment:

  1. We had a cat when I was a student who was reckoned to be about 24 when she passed on. We inherited her when she was supposed to be 18 already, and she just went on and on.

    ReplyDelete