
Spike is my wonderfully huge cat that keeps me amused more than not. We had a little excitement in the middle of the night by way of a flying visitor making a route between the living room and the bedroom. I'm really not sure how the tiny little bat managed to get in but it put both of us on high alert status for a bit. I got an opportunity to revive the well honed skills I acquired as a youth in the area of stick ball and managed to knock the bat silly with a broom handle. The little rodent of wing was almost 2 inches head to tail but had a wing span of 7 or 8 inches. After his mid-air collision with the handle of my broom the bat lay curled up in a fetal position making a clicking noise I would assume to be like a policeman under fire calling for backup. I found something to be able to pick up the disoriented pilot and to escort him to a location outside of my domain.
After about an hour I managed to calm myself enough to resume my much needed slumber. Spike on the hand spent the rest of the night with the terror alert level being a deep, dark red. When I got up to do my normal morning routine, he did not immediately join me in the kitchen. I think he decided to sleep in a bit. He eventually stumbled into the kitchen looking extremely groggy and sat down and looked up at me. He then decided to perform one of my favorite songs from the cat opera Tommy Cat.
Feed me. Pet me. Touch me. Feed me-e-ee-ee.
Feed me. Pet me-e-ee. Touch me. Feed me.
How can you have a bad week when you get something like that first thing on a Monday morning. I hope everyone has a great day.
Thanks to a friend, Pete, I was reminded that if I would had time he would have probably sung Catnip Wizard for me as well. Maybe tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteeeeeeewwwwwwww I would have never gotten back to sleep. ick ick ick ick ick!
ReplyDeleteterror alert level being a deep, dark red...I totally get that.
He is so handsome!!
Spike looks like a very beautiful cat.
ReplyDeleteI've found that it can be good to catch bats in a hat and set them free that way, it hurts them less than hitting them!
Thanks CGP, I am not used to having bats inside with me, I will try to keep a hat around just in case. Luckily I only stunned him for a bit so I could get him outside and he flew away before I got back up.
ReplyDelete