The only time I really take issue with any of it is when a politician tries to persuade legislation to meet the religion they are trying to shove on people. To me that is offensive as someone telling people who can and who cannot do something based on some type of group that each are categorized as. I do understand that some degree of discrimination is required but I wish it could be limited to personal decisions like "this taste bad, I think I won't eat it." The world would be much more fun if so many people weren't so busy hating other people. I am a major malcontent and I find myself exhibiting some massive anger about some of the things that are happening but I really do try to leave the people out of it. Hopefully my rants and outrages serve the purpose to make our lives better.
Being election season I am finding myself way too absorbed in the political discourse where everyone is point at the other guys and saying those guys are going to ruin us rather than I see the path we should take to get out of this cave. I am truly amazed by some of the comments the politcos will make when nobody that is awake would possibly believe. It seems to be the American way to sling mud at your opponents. Civil discourse seems to be little more than a myth, at least that is something I can't remember seeing. We desperately need to have the dialog about political matters and it would make things better if we were more informed about the religions of others. I just fear it would end up in a brawl if we got the people who need to be there to show up.
Soon I hope to find something else to hold my attention so that I won't have to burn so much of my processing time trying to understand why one bunch wants to burn another's religious books or why one party wants to convince others that the party in power is some evil group that is out to take everyone's rights away. I miss the days when I had little else to occupy my mind than some mindless television program or planning what I'm going to do when I get a chance to go out and do something. I do feel a major rant about the current condition of movies and how disgusted we should all be by what is being presented at most venues, but that will be a couple of days. For the next few days I will likely remain immersed in following the conflicts that are piped into our living rooms in the form of cable news.
I enjoy hearing other people's opinions on many topics provided they do not present it in the way that a used car salesman shows you a car. I have a well functioning brain, well at least I think so and won't try to convince any of you that it's not defective, and I like to form my own opinions. I don't appreciate someone trying to convincing me that their church has the only path to a happy eternity and I am really annoyed by someone that says we can get out of debt by cutting taxes and hiring a bunch of people to keep our borders from someone crossing over without their appropriate papers. I'm especially disgusted by the bible touting, baby talking, mother types that think their hyper conservative views are going to keep our society moving into the future. I think my head is going to explode if this doesn't decrease soon.
My proposal is that we try to play nice and be tolerant with those who are civil and perhaps ignore those who are hording the toys in the sandbox. I try to be nice as much as I can between rants so I will close with leave me a comment to let me know what is on your mind and have a nice day.
'Everyone's favorite 2 subjects to discuss as long as it is going the way that affirms their position.'
ReplyDeleteYep. But that does mean that I'm more than happy to discuss them with you!
I especially like your rant about 'bible touting, baby talking, mother types'.