I spent a lovely afternoon driving the new car through the mountains to inspect the foliage for possible hints of the changing season. It was a day that required reaching way to the back of my CD collection for the Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs" to get the appropriate mood to accompany the rain. I had fully intended to conjure up a seething rant about some of the recent events in the news but I had such a pleasant time in the mountains that I left my anger and bitterness on the side of the road next to an ancient oak tree that seems to have kept many bags of negativity for those who no longer needed it as they move on up the mountain. A little further along the way I decided it was time to listen to some music by a friend on mine that I haven't listened to in a while and got a little reminder of how much I enjoy some people. Then this song came on and I got a little reminder, I could explain it but I think it is better for you to watch the video can see what is says for you.
Victor Wooten - I Saw God
After a wonderful afternoon I returned home and was greeted at the door by my fabulous, furry, feline friend Spike. Apparently he did not like that I spent a whole afternoon out enjoying myself and leaving him at home with a food dish that you could see a small bit of the bottom where he thought should have been covered. To his surprise I did stop off an the Petsmart down the street and bought him not only more food but some treats and some of his favorite rabbit fur mice toys. He seemed to change moods rather quickly once we got the food issue resolved and then we spent the nest 45 minutes playing with the new toys. I get a lot of grief from giving my cat a dogs name but I have a cat that likes to play fetch so I think it is very fitting. He is now curled up in a snug pile of fur taking a brief nap so that he will be charged up and ready to play again during my prime sleeping time around 4:30 in the a of m. Now to watch new season premier of my favorite program East Bound & Down, the show is about someone like I pretend I would like to be sometimes. Probably best that I only pretend to think I would enjoy being that guy but I do enjoy watching the ego and narcissism of epic proportions.
Preparing for travel and trying to sell my old car this week then it's off to Texas to visit some old friend I haven't seen in more years than I car to remember. I have also given the David Foster Wallace books a break and I am partaking in a little Hunter S. Thompson in the intermission. I have also been listening to "The Grand Design" by Stephen Hawking that I downloaded from Audible.com. Audio books are pretty good but the readers have some horrible timing when reading the bits of humor that are included (note to self: have someone with a pulse read anything you listen to). I have also found some free audio books that fall into the public domain so maybe I will learn how to listen after all these years. I thought people were must teasing me about not listening but if you ever want to test your listening ability, check out one of Stephen Hawking's books. Thanks to the gReader app on my phone I will be able to follow my favorite blogs while out of town but I will be focused on gathering new content rather than trying to post from my touch screen phone, if you have tried one you will understand. Unless I have an overwhelmingly obscene experience in the next 3 days I will let this post breath for the week and when I get back I will fill this blog up with exploits of my hyjinks while on travel. If there were characters in literature remotely as colorful as my old friends I would probably read a lot more books.
So long as the cat was happy! Reminds me very much of mine, apart from the fetch issue, mine just likes food.
ReplyDeleteCJ xx