Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vacation Time

Well, more like an extended weekend to go visit some friends from another life and to possibly get some fun pictures of me having a good time and not being in a foul mood (one can hope). I must say I'm finding it difficult to be a malcontent lately, complaining just doesn't sell when you are grinning like a possum. Not to worry though I'm sure I'll be primed for another rant in a few days. Who knows I might even branch out a little and blog about pleasant things in my life. Like the blind date I went on last night, it turned out to be a blast and we saw an incredible concert. Sheryl Crow has a new band and I was completely impressed with the new sound, they took a little of the clean, polite edge off and made it sound more convincing.

It's almost time for me to make my way to the airport, hopefully this flooding won't prevent my exodus from the east coast. I have found myself to be much more open to traveling these days than I was not too long ago. I think  I must be feeling better because I don't agonize for days over how long it will take me to recover from a trip. I still loathe sitting on an airplane wondering if I am going to catch something from the person next to me. I'm not really a germaphobe but I just hate getting coughed on as much as when someone is kicking the back of my seat.  Oops, I'm slipping in to malcontent mode again, I guess I will close for now and wish everyone a nice weekend while I am gone.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sheryl Crow, I had tickets to see her once but the show was cancelled, glad your concert went well!

    I don't like flying either, though I enjoy travelling by train or boat or even bus

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trip worked out to be one of the best times I have had in a long time. Once I get a little rest I will be writing a bit because I am motivated. The best part will be pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went on a blind date with Sheryl Crow...???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went to see Sheryl Crow, that was the activity of the blind date. Was a great time and was the beginning of what turned into something amazing which is described in the Face First post somewhat.

    ReplyDelete